Sunday, June 16, 2013

Thankyou, Dad.

So it’s father’s day today. And I know people all over the world (and hopefully other people whose blogs you go on to read) post photographs & blogs about their fathers and how they love them more than anything in the whole world. How fathers are the strongest people they’ve ever met. And how they want to grow up and honor them and make them proud. I say all this because this is how I feel.

The past year has been a really different one. It’s added so many memories and so many moments. More moments than in any other year. Whether it’s because I’m older now and so that’s got me closer to my dad I don’t know. But I’m just so glad. The past year has been all about senior year, college, and getting through it all. And my dad’s been there with me all through it. He’s been clued-on and he keeps me on my feet. He reminds me when I’ve forgotten and makes sure I’ve done it all and got it all in order. I’m pretty darn sure that had he not been the way that he was, I would be sitting right now wondering where to go to college and what to do with my life.

I know this picture's been used a lot, but I still love it just as much.
But I’m not going to make this post about how much I love my dad. Because that’d take up way too much space and I’m saving that for a later time [Spoiler Alert?].

Today’s post is just a simple Thankyou. Thankyou for keeping up with me, even when I’ve disappointed. Thankyou for keeping me alert and active in everything that I do. Thankyou for all that you’ve done for me. Now and in the past 17 and a half years. Thankyou for keeping strong, and thus keeping all of us strong. Thankyou for the life you’ve given us - Aashray and Myself. From my first toy [Which I don’t remember] to sending me off to College abroad, thankyou for it all.

I know you’re in India right now, but you’ll be back soon. And then we’re in for another 2 months of amazing memories and experiences. We’re off to drop me to college after that, and I’m so sure that even once I’m there nothing is really going to change. I’m sure every time I need to talk to someone or take some advice, be it 2am in the morning or 10pm in the night, you’ll be there for me. Just like you have been there throughout everything else, all through my school years.

You’re like that super-hero everyone wishes they could be. You fix things in moments, without a flinch. It’s like, if you can’t do it then there’s no way anyone else can. You’re the person who’ll have answers to all the questions. No matter what they’re related to. Whenever I’ve got a question about anything and everything, you seem to have the answer. Its like you’ve been expecting me to ask it. I look at you and wonder whether I’ll ever be able to come anywhere close to how absolutely brilliant you are. As a person and as a father. I think that’s the ultimate goal. Thanyou for setting the bar so high.

Love You Dad, and Happy Father’s Day once again!
Until next post,
Parichay


No comments:

Post a Comment