Saturday, December 17, 2011

Help Me Say Goodbye.


Okaay so my seniors, the 12th graders will technically be spending their last week in school which officially starts this sunday. And I don't really know how to react to them leaving. 

True, I’m not attached to all the 12th Graders but I feel attached to a lot of them. Over the year, I’ve really spent time with quite a few of them and gotten to know them. And now that they’re leaving, a part of me is really happy that they’re going out there into the open world, going to good universities, they’ll have a great life ahead. But there’s also a part of me that’s not willing to let go. They’ve always been there when we needed the guidance or the answers to any problems, and now that they’re leaving, it feels like we’re going to be all alone. No one to look up to, and all of a sudden, high school looks like it’s going to get very lonely.

But I guess it’s not up to me to stop them, and I guess it’s just another phase in life. We need to let go and take responsibility for the school. I’m just going to hope that this week turns out to be a great week filled with more memories to cherish once they’re gone.

This is a post to all the 12th graders out there. Whether I've interacted with you a lot, or not much, I hope you have a great life ahead in university and beyond that. I wish you all the luck for the future.

~ Parichay


No comments:

Post a Comment