Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dubai Modern High School.

Dubai Modern High School, formerly knows as The Modern High School. I'm proud to say, as I always have been, that I go to that school. This is my 13th year at modern, and it has been one hell of a journey. I’ve been with the school for the better part of its life and I’ve seen it grow and progress into the school it is today. Surprisingly, I clearly remember my first day at Modern. It was at the Safa Campus and just like majority of the children who were new-comers just like me, were crying as the environment was new to us. But I remember, as clichéd as this may sound, the teacher took my hand, told me that it’s going to be fun and it’ll all be okay and took me into my Kindergarten class. I remember how she spent the better part of the day getting to know us better, taking care of us just how a parent does.

As a new student, Modern was the perfect environment and now that I look back, I don’t think any other school would have made me feel the same way as I did as Modern on my first day.
As Modern has grown over the past 13 years, so have I. And as I’ve grown, I’ve grown immensely attached to this school. I feel a sense of pride in my school. It’s like patriotism. I look at my school now, and I see the high end facilities (which at one point of time I criticized) and I see how modern has risen above the expectations anyone could have ever had.


`This is my school. This is Modern High.

When we first moved into the new grand campus in Nad-Al-Sheba, It wasn’t the same feeling. I guess because I spent most of my years at the other campus, but now I see it to be one of the finest high schools in the region and I feel good about the campus. True, it’s a bit of a showoff, but why can’t we flaunt sometimes?

This week, as my school celebrates its 25th Anniversary, as it celebrates its silver jubilee and 25 years of excellence, I am proud to call myself a Modernite. 


1 comment: