Monday, December 17, 2012

The Indian Passport

Recently, A friend and I were talking about the future. Our plans for college and what we plan to do once we go wherever it is that we're going. I intend on doing my undergraduate studies from US, while he plans on completing his undergraduate studies from Canada. And while we were talking about the future, we somehow reached a point in our conversation where he mentioned that he'll take up the Canadian Passport for its various benefits. And that set of a thought reaction in my mind...

I'd never give up my Indian Passport for a passport of any country, anywhere in the world. No matter what. I know that you don't need the passport to prove that you're a true indian, and make no mistake. He's a complete and hardcore indian, in every aspect of the word. But nonetheless, it is the only tangible and physical proof that we are indian. And with the economy that we have, I don't see any reason to give it up. Benefits or no benefits. 

The logic behind my opinion is not something I imagine everyone will understand. Its a highly subjective matter. People may refute that sometimes those who don't hold an Indian passport and more indian at heart than those who do. And I agree with that statement, but personally - if you're an indian, you shouldn't be tempted by the benefits of another country's passport. You should be proud of the country who's passport you hold. No matter what. 
I feel that its nothing special, especially living in dubai. Our parents have done it, lived an entire life in dubai with the Indian Passport, and they're all so successful in life. 

So I end this post, concluding my opinion on the indian passport and the trend of taking up citizenship of another country for its several benefits. 

Until next post,
Parichay (:

No comments:

Post a Comment