Friday, December 10, 2010

Lesson From Love

Love, its wonderful wonderful thing. It’ll make you happy, on top of the world happy, it’ll give you butterflies in your stomach and it’ll make everything seem alright. But I’m not going to lie to you, love hurts as well.

What I’ve learnt from personal experience is that love is a good thing, a really good thing. But loving if you love unconditionally, you’ll end up hurting yourself. Trust me. I know. Never depend 100% on that one person, because when they’re gone ( GOD forbid) for even the shortest span, be it a week or a month, you’ll be spending most of your nights crying yourself to sleep and loosing yourself. You’ll find it difficult to put on that smile which earlier, used to come on so easily.

Don’t get me wrong, Love is the best thing that will ever happen to you. You will never ever regret it, its magical. But It will hurt. At some point on time or the other, love will hurt you. No matter how hard you try and brace yourself, prepare yourself, it’ll find a way around you and hit you hard. But I guess if your love is genuine, then you’ll face the pain and get back up.

During this time, when that person is not there by your side, you WILL NEED friends. You will need that one person who will understand you, who will be there for you and who will tell you what you’re meant/supposed to hear, not what you WANT to hear.

To me, love is the best thing that’s ever happened. Its been wow. But I loved unconditionally and I wasn’t prepared for a ‘break’. And when it hit me, I was left broken. I loved her too much and didn’t give her enough space. I didn’t give her any time for herself.

Don’t make the same mistake I did. Love. Love a lot. But give your partner the space he/she requires. Its something he/she shouldn't be deprived off.



I dedicate this post to all you new lovers out there (:
May you have an everlasting relationship filled with happiness.

Auf Wiedersehen
~ Parichaay

No comments:

Post a Comment